If you have never had a toothache, consider yourself lucky. Toothaches are oral health disorders that exist when nerve endings in a tooth become damaged. They can be extremely painful and can lead to tooth loss if they are not treated properly. For more information about spotting and treating a toothache, consider the following:
– If you ever notice or have any mysterious or abnormal facial rashes, high fevers, and chills, you may be suffering from the lingering effects of a toothache.
– Have you noticed any uncommon signs of inflammation or fevers lately? If so, it may be the result of a toothache and abscess.
– If you have suffered a lost or extracted tooth and continue to feel severe pain 24 hours later, it may be linked to a toothache.
– Toothaches typically are felt despite the use of pain relievers, so check if pain continues even after pain-relieving medications are taken.
– If you suffer from jaw pain and temporomandibular joint disorders, you could be at a greater risk for toothaches.
With toothache treatments, your smile will not only look better, but it can be healthier too. If you would like to meet with Dr. Frank Russomanno, Jr. and our team at Oakdale Family Dentistry for an examination, please call 651-968-8208 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Oakdale, Minnesota. Visit us today, and your smile with thank you!