If you need any additional help with your oral health care, speak with your dentist about product recommendations and suggestions. If you should suffer any oral accidents or injuries, your dentist will be able to assist you with any tooth restorations and repairs that you may require. In addition, set forth an oral health care checklist to help keep your smile safe on a daily basis. Here are a few tips to consider:
– Use oral health care cleaning tools that are highly effective and capable of protecting your smile. This includes tools that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance as well as those that are recommended or suggested by your dentist.
– Stop by your dentist for routine examinations and checkups. Furthermore, speak with your dentist about the benefits of a professional cleaning.
– Stay away from products that can be harmful to your smile, including sugary sweets, hard candies, and sticky snacks.
– Use teeth whitening treatment systems that are recommended by your dentist, as some products are unregulated and can easily promote dental damage in the form of bleached gums and tooth enamel loss.
– Use durable safety equipment including helmets, facemasks, and mouth guards to keep your smile safe when involved in high-risk activities including contact sports.
– Avoid mouth jewelry, as it can cause infections, tooth chipping and cracking, gum lacerations, nerve damage, and can lead to choking hazards.
If you would like to schedule an appointment to discuss your possible dental treatment with Dr. Frank Russomanno, Jr., and Dr. Neil Keane, at Oakdale Family Dentistry, please call 651-731-6464 to stop by our dentist office in Oakdale, Minnesota.